Most Common Questions:
Are your meats "Human Grade"?
- Yes. While all meats procured are "Human-Grade and USDA Inspected", some ingredients in our mixes such as green tripe, trachea, spleen and ground bone are classified by the USDA as "non-edible" for human consumption. That is why our labels state "Not For Human Consumption".
When will I receive my order?
- Order Deadlines are Wednesday's for the following weeks shipment.
- Typically, we ask our customers for a week turn around time between order date and ship date.
- Once your order is placed, you will receive a message with the scheduled shipping date.
- If you need food in a rush, do not hesitate to Contact Us to inquire about expediting the order.
Is there a minimum order?
- There is NO MINIMUM ORDER WEIGHT.
How can I save on shipping?
- The best shipping rates are on 54 pound boxes, it typically costs $5-$10 more to ship out a 54 pound box versus 30 pound box.
- When more then 54 pounds is ordered, your shipping cost will go up because it is filling the second box. So it is best to stay withing the 54 pound increments to save on shipping...example 54 pounds, 108 pounds, 162 pounds etc...
- For your convenience, items are available to be ordered in 2 pound increments to facilitate ordering in 54 pound increments, in order to get the best shipping rate possible.
- FLORIDA CUSTOMERS can order in 60 pound increments (60, 120, 180 etc...) for the same, best rate.
How much should I feed my adult dog, (over 1 year old)?
- Adult dogs should be fed between 2-3% of their ideal adult body weight daily.
- Very active dogs and dogs which train or exercise regularly, may need 4-6% or more of their ideal adult body weight daily. It just depends on how much energy is burned, which needs to be replaced.
How much should I feed my puppy?
- 2-4 month old pups should be fed 8-10% of their current weight divided over 3 meals daily.
- 4-6 month old pups should be fed 6-8% of their current weight divided over 3 meals daily.
- 6-8 month old pups should be fed 4-6% of their current weight divided over 2 meals daily.
- 8-12 month old pups should be fed 3-4% of their current weight divided over 2 meals daily.
- It is a good practice to keep growing pups on the leaner side rather than the chubby side. Carrying extra weight on a growing skeleton is not very healthy. They should be kept at a weight where they are active and very mobile.
How do I switch my pet over to raw food?
- Cold turkey :) pun intended....no but really, the sooner the better. Raw food is very easily digestible when given in the proper balance, meaning the proper ratios of meat, organs and bone. Our Pasture-Raised Beef Mixes are the perfect meals to make the switch, keeping your fur babies optimally nutrified. ; )